I saw these ornaments on pinterest and wanted to try them. I put the idea aside and then they popped up again at Josh’s school so I decided I had to try it.
I emptied 4 bottles of glue and about 1/4 cup of water. I stirred it together. The consistency was still thick. I found if you add too much water it takes longer for the yarn to dry and the ornaments won’t hold their shape well. Add water slowly. It may not be exactly 1/4 cup. (give or take a little)
Dip the yarn into the glue mixture. This is a great sensory activity. (as are most of our activities) Wrap the yarn around the blown up balloons. Use more than one color yarn. Let dry. The glue will drip as they are drying so make sure you have your drying surface covered ( I protected my table with a plastic tarp) It took almost 24 hours to dry. I popped the balloons and the ornaments were ready.